Online contests are great ways to build your list. If you’re not sure what a list is, or what I mean, it is a collection of email addresses that you use to promote your products and services using a special emailing program like Aweber or Mail Chimp. It is considered “permission marketing” because the people who give you their email address are giving you permission to market to them.
There are a variety of ways to get permission such as:
* Pay per click advertisements — You purchase keywords to promote your website, sending those who click on your advertisement to a special landing page in which they submit their email address.
* Selling a product or service — Once you enter a business relationship with someone you are permitted to put them on your mailing list to promote business.
* Giving away a product or service — Often this is done in exchange for the email address and it is understood that the potential client or customer is trading his or her email address for the free product or service.
* Having a simple signup — Online you put code on your website that allows someone to sign up for more information or a newsletter. No need to give away anything, have a contest or a sale. If they enter their email you can market to them.
* Online contests — A fun way to collect email addresses for marketing purposes that can result in a lot of sign ups fast in which you conduct a game where people win prizes, or one major prize.
Online promotions are expanding exponentially for all types of businesses. It doesn’t matter if your business is online or offline; online contests can boost your visibility a great deal and increase signups for your email list fast. To have a good result with a contest your prize should be bigger than a typical giveaway. In fact, the prize should be the largest one you can afford to give.
By giving away something large of value to the winner, you will create even more buzz about the contest. Plus, a larger prize will make your contest practically promote itself! For instance, if you have a contest that requires the participants to get votes, then they’ll be sharing it with their friends, and so forth. You’ll not only get more entries, but you’ll get voters who also provide their email address to you.
If you make the prize your own products or services, all the better. By giving away your product you’ll also probably create at least one customer for life. If the product is good, and I’m sure it is, the recipient will tell people it’s good, and they’ll buy your other products and services too. Plus, if you give away your own products are services in the contest you’ll be appealing only to your target audience. By giving away something else like a Kindle or something, you may attract only freebie seekers. Save those type of contest giveaways for your affiliates and offer your own products and services as the big prize on list building contests.