Online contests are a great way to boost your email lists. Having a healthy email list will boost your sales. It’s a win-win all the way around. What sort of online contests you have, really depends on what type of business you have. However, perhaps the following online contest ideas will help you start brainstorming ideas appropriate for your own business.
1) Brag Video — Ask clients to brag about your product or service and post it on YouTube.com, promote it to get votes. Also ask them to promote it to your Twitter account, and Social Media Account, plus send you the embed code to put it on your website. Then tell them the person who gets the most likes – dislikes on their video wins the prize.
2) Why I Should Win Video — Ask potential clients to enter a contest to win your products and services. Ask them to create a short video about what winning the product or service would mean to them. Again, they should promote it on their own accounts plus yours. The most likes – dislikes win.
3) Crowd sourcing — Have a contest to create a T-Shirt or some other type of item to sell on your website. The winner can get a prize and a T-Shirt. In addition, you’ll get an awesome T-shirt for your business promotions.
4) Simple Drawing — You can make it super simple and offer a drawing each person who signs up for your newsletter. This can even be an ongoing project where ever 50’th sign up wins something big.
5) Photo Contest — If your site is relevant to babies, or nature, or any genre that easily supports photography, then an online photo contest can do wonders. You can make funny requirements like some local newspapers do. Take a picture of yourself with the product, service, or T-shirt in an interesting place and enter a drawing to win a large prize.
Every contest that you have should promote signing up for your email list. Due to that goal, you need to have an easy sign up form on your website where they can see it. Aweber makes creating sign up forms simple. You just create your form with some clicks of the mouse, then copy and paste the code into your website.
Place the sign up on a special landing page so that visitors know exactly what to do. Don’t make your visitors guess what they’re next steps are. Make it very clear that you want their email address and what they get in return for providing it. Once they sign up, your Aweber system will automatically send the preloaded information that you supplied about the rules and regulations for the contest and step-by-step instructions on how to participate in the contest. Be as specific as possible to get the maximum number of entries.
Do not forget to make it simple for the participants to market your contest (and your list) as well. Put share buttons in prominent spots, and tell them to share. Don’t just place the buttons, but ask them to share with their friends. It’s always better to have a contest where participants have to seek out voters because this gives you even more exposure as they market their entry to their friends, family and business partners.